Dick's Sporting Goods Offers!
The 2012-13 Season has been completed.
Registration for the 2013-14 Season will begin in September.
The Prettyboy Basketball Commissioner position is OPEN. Anyone interested in taking over the program or with any questions about the position, should contact Jon Capan at email@example.com or cell at 410.790.2125.
All registrations will be conducted on-line this season. (There will not be a walk-in registration)
Click the Stone Alley link below to register.
(If the above link does not work, go directly to the Stone Alley website at http://www.stonealley.com/ and click the Prettyboy Basketball link)
For questions please contact Jon Capan at 410-790-2125 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Requests for teams will not be accepted for the 2nd - 5th grade teams. Teams will be formed by the coaches through a draft process, with the purpose of making the teams as balanced as possible.
- Registration Fees: Clinic - $ 2nd-5th Grade Leagues -$
Details about the Program
· The Prettyboy Recreation Council Basketball Program is a youth recreation program for children in grades 1st - 5th. All children within these grades are eligible to play, no previous experience or skill is required.
· Children in Grade 6 and above are eligible to play under the Hereford Recreation Council. The Hereford Recreation Council also offers Travel Basketball programs for children more committed to this sport.
· Children in Grade 1 and any child in Grade 2 that haven't played in clinic can participate in a clinic program that stresses social and team interaction, skill development and instruction in a game environment. Children in grades 2 - 5 participate in a league with other districts in the area.
· Clinic teams are coed, while older grade levels are gender based. Teams fall into 3 groupings: 1st grade Clinic (with 2nd graders who have not played clinic in the past)/ 2nd and 3rd grade / 4th and 5th grade.
· Teams will generally meet twice a week for 1 hour practice or game beginning in November and ending in a league tournament in mid January. The season will run from November 1st through January 22nd